Senior Adult Activities
The Everett Senior Center (ESC) is a multi-purpose recreation center for adults over Age 50 located at 702 Burchfield Street in Everett Park in Maryville. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The center publishes a bi-monthly newsletter/calendar of activities, which is included in the annual membership fee of $15.00 per year for an individual or $25.00 per year per couple. A printable brochure and our current newsletter is available below for your convenience. For more information you may call us at 983-9422.
The Center's Inclement Weather Policy: If area schools are closed due to bad weather, the
center will attempt to open at 10:00 AM; please call to confirm staff has arrived. If schools are out on holiday and road conditions are dangerous, please check with us before coming. This is in effect for everyone's safety. Call 983-9422.
Oil Painting Class
ESC Class Schedule:
Oil Painting with Barbara Goddard – This class offers surprise projects to ignite your creativeness and gain a new perspective. Wednesdays, 9:30AM – 12:30PM. Cost: $60.00/members, $75.00/non-members per 6-week session. Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates.
Watercolor Painting with Penny Reasor – Mondays, 9:30AM – 12:30PM. Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates.
Recreational Art Group meets every Monday & Wednesday 12:30-4:00 PM and Friday 8AM-Noon.
Work on your own Scrapbooking and Paper Craft projects: Mondays, 9:00AM – 3:45PM. Cost: $2.00/members $5.00/non-members per person per day. Prepay for 4 sessions and get the 5th free! Tables and chairs are set-up and ready, come when you'd like. WiFi and other amenities available. Call 983-9422 for more information.
Double Deck Partnership Pinochle Class
If you'd like to learn the game or just want to brush up on your skills, this is your opportunity. Instructor is Frank Genova. Call 983-9422 for more information and to register.
Basic Zumba Evening Class
Class dates to be announced.
Tone, Stretch and Balance
Class meets each Tuesday, 1:30-2:30PM
Cost: $45.00 every 2 months or $5.00 per session - paid directly to instructor - Drop-ins welcome!
Join the fun! Certified instructor Kay McDonald shares a great yoga workout for seniors. If you would like to improve your fitness and stamina this class is the one for you! This ongoing class will provide an opportunity to increase flexibility, balance, strength, and range of motion using seated and standing yoga positions. Give the next class a try!
Aerobics - Cardio Training
Class meets each Thursday, 1:30-2:30PM
with Instructor Kay McDonald
Cost: $5.00 per session - paid directly to instructor - Drop-ins welcome!
One-on-One Computer Assistance for Laptops
By appointment only with Bo Harding. Call the center at 983-9422 and schedule two 1-hour sessions. Cost is $30.00.
AARP Driver Safety Course
October 17-18, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Both days required. Cost: $15.00 for AARP Members, $20.00 for Non-members. Call 983-9422 to register.
Chronic Conditions Workshop
Offered by the Tennessee Department of Health. Contact the Center at 983-9422 for more information.
- Recreational Art Group meets every Monday & Wednesday 12:30-4:00 PM and Friday 8AM-Noon.
- Join us for Potluck and Bingo the first Thursday of each month promptly at 11:30 AM. Bring your favorite dish to share and come join the fun.
- AARP Blount County Chapter #2296 meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday at Noon with meeting and light luncheon.
- Quilting Group meets each Tuesday, 12:00-4:00 PM. Bring your sewing project and join the comradery. $2.00 table fee for non-members.
- Wii Bowling - An active bowling video game for up to 4 players. Easy to learn, fun to play & great exercise! Mondays 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Scrabble every Wednesday from 9:30 AM - Noon.
- Mexican Train & Chicken Foot Dominoes every Friday from 9:30 AM - Noon.
- Bunco meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 1:00 PM.
- Billiards Room open daily. Pool sticks available or bring your own.
- Band Dances are held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays of each month, 7:00-9:00 PM Cost: $6.00 per person, pay at door.
- Country Gentlemen's Band - Live band, country music, every Friday night 7:00-10:00 PM Admission: $6.00 per person, pay at door.
Learn to Line Dance - Get ready to have a blast learning line dances with Instructor Kay McDonald. Dress comfortably and be ready to boot, scoot and boogie! Thursday afternoons, 2:30-3:30 PM Cost: $5.00 per person, which should be paid directly to the instructor. Call the Center at 983-9422 to register.
Card and Miscellaneous Games
Our card groups can always use new players - don't hesitate to drop by!
SEEKING NEW PLAYERS! Partnership Pinochle (Double deck) "Cutthroat" style All day every Tuesday and Thursday - drop in and play anytime during the day (starts at approximately 8:30 AM).
- Hand and Foot every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Party Bridge every Tuesday at 9:30 AM.
- Canasta every 2nd and 4th Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Duplicate Bridge Monday, Wednesday & Friday beginning at 10:00 AM, must have partner, call 983-9422 for more information.
- Rummikub every Thursday 1:00-3:30 PM - a tile game for 2, 3 or 4 players at a time.
Musicians and Singers are here, AUDIENCE Wanted!!!
Join us for "Mid-Week Music" every second Wednesday for this monthly event for singers and musicians with acoustic instruments. Musicians should check-in at 9:30AM with performances to begin at 10:00-11:30 AM. Ample seating is available so bring a friend or two! Our MC is Ed Harper of BMH Senior Services, assisted by Beverly Sherrod. Enjoy a free musical showcase featuring local hidden talent from right here in East Tennessee! Light refreshments served. This event is sponsored by BMH and Everett Senior Center.