Senior Adult Activities
The Everett Senior Center (ESC) is a multi-purpose recreation center for adults over Age 50 located at 702 Burchfield Street in Everett Park in Maryville. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The center publishes a bi-monthly newsletter/calendar of activities, which is included in the annual membership fee of $15.00 per year for an individual or $25.00 per year per couple. A printable brochure and our current newsletter is available below for your convenience. For more information you may call us at 983-9422.
Click here for Everett Senior Center Rental Fee Information.
The Center's Inclement Weather Policy: If area schools are closed due to bad weather, the
center will attempt to open at 10:00 AM; please call to confirm staff has arrived. If schools are out on holiday and road conditions are dangerous, please check with us before coming. This is in effect for everyone's safety. Call 983-9422.
Oil Painting Class
ESC Class Schedule:
Art Classes consist of 6 sessions
Cost: $60.00/Center Members, $75.00/Non-members
Oil Painting with Barbara Goddard - Wednesdays, 9:30AM - Noon, January 14 – February 25 (NO class Feb. 18)
Watercolor Painting with Penny Reasor - Mondays, 9:30AM - Noon, January 26 – March 9 (NO class Feb. 16)
Work on your own Scrapbooking and Paper Craft projects: Mondays, 9:00AM – 4:00PM. Cost: $2.00/members $5.00/non-members, per person per day. Non-members can prepay $20.00 for 4 sessions and get a 5th free! Tables/chairs are already set-up, no moving or bringing your own! Electricity and WiFi available. Call 983-9422 for more information.
Double Deck Partnership Pinochle Class
If you'd like to learn the game or just want to brush up on your skills this is your opportunity. Instructor is Frank Genova. Class date to be announced - Spring 2015. Please call 983-9422 to register.
Class date to be announced - Spring 2015.
Basic Zumba Evening Class
Class date to be announced.
Tone, Stretch and Balance
Class meets each Tuesday, 1:30-2:30PM
Cost is $45.00 every 2 months or $5.00 per session - paid directly to instructor - Drop-ins welcome!
Join the fun! Certified instructor Kay McDonald shares a great yoga workout for seniors. If you would like to improve your fitness and stamina this class is the one for you! This ongoing class will provide an opportunity to increase flexibility, balance, strength, and range of motion using seated and standing yoga positions. Give the next class a try!
One-on-One Computer Assistance for Laptops
By appointment only with Bo Harding. Call the center at 983-9422 and schedule two 1-hour sessions. Cost is $30.00.
AARP Driver Safety Course
Call 983-9422 to register.
Bidding Basics II Class
Wednesdays, January 14 – February 25 (NO Class Feb. 17) from 1:00-3:30PM. For those who have played bridge before, at any time. Standard American System. Pre-registration/payment is required as seats are limited. *If you've never played bridge but would like to learn, please call the center at 983-9422 and leave your name and number for the next class. Next class offering will be announced based on interest.
**Cancellation Policy: We are very sorry but due to the pre-pay requirements of the travel service and the center, refunds are not possible less than 2 weeks prior to trip date.
April 16 – Trip to Chief Vann House Historic Site, Chatsworth, Georgia - Preregistration/payment required. To register, call 983-9422.
During the 1790s, James Vann became a Cherokee Indian leader and wealthy businessman. He established the largest and most prosperous plantation in the Cherokee Nation, covering 1,000 acres of what is now Murray County. In 1804 he completed construction of a beautiful 2 ½-story brick home that was the most elegant in the Cherokee Nation. After Vann was murdered in 1809, his son Joseph inherited the mansion and plantation. Joseph was also a Cherokee leader and became even more wealthy than his father.
In the 1830s almost the entire Cherokee Nation was forced west by state and federal troops on the infamous Trail of Tears. The Vann family lost their elegant home, rebuilding in the Cherokee Territory of Oklahoma. Today the Vann House survives as Georgia’s best-preserved historic Cherokee Indian home. A guided tour allows visitors to see the house which features beautiful hand carvings, a remarkable “floating” staircase, a 12-foot mantle and fine antiques.
- Recreational art group meets each Monday.
- The first Thursday of each month enjoy Potluck and Bingo which starts promptly at 11:30 AM, bring your favorite dish to share.
- AARP Blount County Chapter #2296 meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday at Noon with meeting and light luncheon.
- Quilt/Craft Group meets each Tuesday, 12:00-3:30 PM.
- Wii Bowling - Leagues bowl each Monday at various times between 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM.
- Scrabble every Wednesday from 9:30 AM - Noon.
- Mexican Train & Chicken Foot Dominoes every Friday from 9:30 AM - Noon.
- Bunco meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 1:00 PM.
- Billiard Room open daily.
- Band Dances are held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays of each month, 7:00-9:00 PM (Pay at the door).
Card and Miscellaneous Games
Our card groups can always use new players - don't hesitate to drop by!
- Hand and Foot every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Party Bridge every Tuesday at 9:30 AM.
- Canasta every 2nd and 4th Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Duplicate Bridge Monday, Wednesday & Friday beginning at 10:00 AM, must have partner, call 983-9422 for more information.
- Beginner Bridge Lessons – Introductory 6-week course to get you started - learn the Standard American System. If you’d like to learn the game for fun with low stress, come join this beginner class. Pre-registration is required as seats are limited. Cost: $12.00 Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates and to register.
- Rummikub every Thursday 1:00-3:30 PM - a tile game for 2, 3 or 4 players at a time.
Musicians and Singers are here, AUDIENCE Wanted!!!
Join us for "Mid-Week Music" every second Wednesday for this monthly event for singers and musicians with acoustic instruments. Check-in at 9:30 AM with performances to begin at 10:00-11:30 AM. Our MC is Ed Harper of BMH Senior Services, assisted by Beverly Sherrod. Enjoy a free musical showcase featuring local hidden talent from right here in East Tennessee! This event is sponsored by BMH and Everett Senior Center.