Senior Adult Activities
The Everett Senior Center (ESC) is a multi-purpose recreation center for adults over Age 50 located at 702 Burchfield Street in Everett Park in Maryville. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The center publishes a monthly newsletter/calendar of activities, which is included in the annual membership fee of $15.00 per year for an individual or $25.00 per year per couple. A printable brochure and our current newsletter is available below for your convenience. For more information you may call us at 983-9422.
Click Here for our Current Newsletter
which features additional activities not listed below.
Oil Painting Class
Recreational Art Group meets every Monday & Wednesday 1:00-4:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – Noon.
Work on your own Scrapbooking and Paper Craft projects – Mondays, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Cost: $2.00/Members, $5.00/Non-members.
Quilt/Craft Group meets each Tuesday 12:00-3:30 PM. Bring your project and join the fun.
Join us for Potluck and Bingo the first Thursday of each month at 11:30 AM. Bring a dish to share and join in the fun! Drinks are provided. Reservations are not required and there is no charge to play Bingo.
Oil Painting classes with Barbara Goddard – Wednesdays, 9:30 AM - Noon. Cost: $60.00/Members, $75.00/Non-members per 6-week session. Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates.
Watercolor classes with Penny Reasor – Mondays, 9:30 AM - Noon. Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates.
Tone, Stretch & Balance class meets every Tuesday from 1:30-2:30 PM. Cost: $5.00 per class.
Silver and Gold Fun and Fitness with Kay McDonald - Thursdays, 1:30 PM. A little bit of cardio, a little bit of strength, a little bit flexibility, and a whole lot of FUN! Cost: $5.00 per class paid directly to the instructor.
Musicians and Singers are here, AUDIENCE welcome! Join us for "Mid-Week Music" every second Wednesday for this monthly event for singers and musicians with acoustic instruments. Check-in at 9:30 AM with performances from 10:00-11:30 AM. Our MC is Ed Harper of BMH Senior Services, assisted by Beverly Sherrod. Enjoy a free musical showcase featuring local hidden talent from right here in East Tennessee! Refreshments provided.
- Ballroom Dancing meets every Wednesday - Free group lesson from 1:00-2:00 PM, with more dancing after lesson to CD music from 2:00-3:00 PM (partner not required - casual dress).
- Live Band! Ballroom Dances are held the first, third and fifth Saturdays of each month 7:00-9:00 PM. Cost: $6.00 per person (pay at side door).
- Country Music Live Band every Friday night 7:00-10:00 PM. Two Stepping, Line Dancing, or just sit and listen to the Country Gentlemen Band. Open to public for all ages! Cost: $6.00 per person (pay at side door).
- Learn to Line Dance - Get ready to have a blast learning line dancing with Kay McDonald. Thursdays, 2:30-3:30 PM. Dress comfortably and be ready to boot, scoot and boogie! Cost: $5.00 per class paid directly to the instructor.
Cards and Miscellaneous Games
Our card groups can always use new players - don't hesitate to drop by!
- SEEKING NEW PLAYERS! Partnership Pinochle (Double deck) "Cutthroat" style all day every Tuesday and Thursday - drop in and play anytime during the day beginning at 8:30 AM. Double Deck Partnership Pinochle Class
- If you'd like to learn the game or just want to brush up on your
skills, this is your opportunity. Instructor is Frank Genova. Call
983-9422 for more information and to register.
- Hand and Foot every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Party Bridge every Tuesday at 9:30 AM.
- Canasta every second and fourth Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Duplicate Bridge - Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning at 10:00 AM, must have partner, call 983-9422 for more information.
- Beginners Learning Bridge with Lana Ernsberger and Linda Savage. Beginning Monday, February 2nd from 2:00-3:45 PM for eight weeks. Cost: Free to members, $5.00/Non-members. All materials are provided, unless you prefer to bring your favorite deck of cards.
- Rummikub every Thursday, 1:00-3:30 PM - a tile game for 2, 3 or 4 players at a time.
- Wii Bowling - Leagues bowl each Monday at various times between 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Scrabble every Wednesday from 9:30 AM - Noon.
- Mexican Train & Chicken Foot Dominoes every Friday from 9:30 AM - Noon.
- Bunco every third Thursday of the month at 1:00 PM. Space is limited. Contact the center at 983-9422 for more information.
- Billiards Room open daily.
Educational and Other Center activities:
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings offered monthly. Please contact the center for specific dates.
- Driver Safety Course - Call for dates. Cost: $15.00 for AARP Members, $20.00 for Non-members.
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group meets the second Tuesday of every month from 12:00-1:00 PM with Velma Burke of Alzheimer’s Tennessee.
- AARP Blount County Chapter #2296 meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday at Noon with a light lunch and guest speakers provided by Blount Memorial Hospital Senior Services.
- Dementia Seminar by Choices in Senior Care - Every second Tuesday in January and February at 10:00 AM and March through December at 1:00 PM. Discuss the difference between normal memory changes and those that occur in dementia, changes in cognition and function that may appear in a person with dementia, the process of diagnosis and the importance of early diagnosis, and brain health tips.
- Diabetes Seminar - Every second Thursday of each month at 1:30 PM. Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? Are you diabetic and have unanswered questions? If you answered yes, or just want to learn more about the disease, then join us for a Sweet Spot session hosted by Lowes Drug Store Pharmacists. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Movie Mondays - Call for dates and movie titles. Show starts at 1:00 PM. Free.
- Social Media for Seniors with Jennifer Dancu:
- iPad and iPhone for Beginners - Using built in apps, printing and troubleshooting, understanding Safari Basics, Itunes, iCloud Basics. 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM, call for dates. Cost: $35.00
- Android and Tablet Instruction - Care and charging, understanding settings and managing apps, explore Google Chrome Basics, Google Play Store, and Galaxy Store. 1:00-4:00 PM, call for dates. Cost: $35.00
The Senior Center is available to rent during non-programmed hours. A contract, two-week notice, and $100.00 cash deposit are required for all rentals.
Rooms available for rent:
Large Multi-Purpose Room
1-50 people - $50.00 per hour (3-Hr. minimum/$150.00)
51-75 people - $75.00 per hour (3-Hr. minimum/$225.00)
76-100 people - $100.00 per hour (3-Hr. minimum/$300.00)
Additional hours: $50.00 per hour
*Rental time includes set-up and clean-up. Example: A 3 hour event will need to be a 4 hour rental to include 30 minute set-up time and 30 minute clean-up time.
Please call 983-9422 for availability and additional information.