Duck Pond Fishing Derby For Kids
For Ages 3-15
This event for Ages 3-15 is held in sponsorship with TWRA, Wal-Mart and other area organizations. Trophies are awarded in each age division for the largest fish and the most fish caught. Overall event winner for each category will receive a trophy as well. All participants are eligible to win door prizes including a grand prize. A waterplay area, an archery and air rifle area, and other games will also be available after weigh-in.
Rules and Information:
- Even if you have pre-registered, you must check-in on-site at red/white tent for your goody bag and door prize tickets.
- Drink and goody bag guaranteed to the first 300 participants (includes Fishing Derby keepsake).
- All participants are eligible for numerous door prizes including a grand prize.
- Event management provided by Parks & Rec. staff, TWRA, and area volunteers.
- Trophy for the Overall Event Champion for the “Largest Fish” caught, as well as the “Most Fish” caught.
- 1st place trophies will be awarded in each age group for the “Largest Fish” (weight).
- 1st-4th place trophies will be awarded in each age group for the “Most Fish” (total weight of 10 fish maximum).
- Age divisions: 3-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-12, 13-15
- All children must be accompanied by an adult in order to participate.
- Participants may use 1 ROD ONLY, and be considerate of other participants at all times.
- Bank fishing only - No wading. - Event encourages catch and release. Please bring stringer and bucket!
- All fish must be checked in to be eligible for awards.
- Adults are allowed to provide assistance only with baiting, casting and removing fish from hook, but cannot “fish” for the participant. Fishing for participant may result in forfeiture of awards eligibility.
- Parents should visit www.parksrec.com Saturday morning in case of cancellation due to inclement weather. If cancelled, the Derby will be re-scheduled for Sunday, June 7, 1:00-4:30 p.m.
- No fishing license is required on event day.
24th Annual Alcoa Duck Pond
Fishing Derby For Kids
Parks & Recreation, TWRA, and area sponsors held their 24th annual Alcoa Duck Pond Fishing Derby for Kids on Saturday, June 11 with approximately 190 kids participating. Awards were given for the Overall Event Biggest Fish and Overall Event Most Fish Caught per Weight (up to 10 fish), as well as for Biggest Fish and Most Fish Caught (up to 10 fish) in each age group. Parks & Recreation, Walmart, TWRA, and Appalachian Dental were major sponsors of the event who contributed to the organization, assistance, and the many door prize drawings and giveaways at the event. A water play, air rifle, archery, and fun and games area was also provided for the kids after their weigh-in times.
Congratulations to this year's winners:
Overall Event - Biggest Fish:
Micah Lambert 4.6 lbs
Overall Event - Most Fish per Weight (Up to 10 fish):
Sakura Keel 5.94 lbs
Award winners for Ages 3 & 4:
Biggest Fish – Keegan Lawson 2.96 lbs
1st Place Most Fish – Keegan Lawson 4.24 lbs
2nd Place Most Fish – Courtney Richards 0.76 lbs
Award winners for Ages 5-7:
Biggest Fish – Kayson Pitman 3.96 lbs
1st Place Most Fish – EJ Wynn 7.64 lbs
2nd Place Most Fish – Aaliyah Smelcer 4.94 lbs
3rd Place Most Fish – Kayson Pittman 3.96 lbs
4th Place Most Fish – Jaycee Davis 3.12 lbs
Award winners for Ages 8-10:
Biggest Fish – Avery Sanders 3.64 lbs
1st Place Most Fish –Sakura Keel 5.94 lbs
2nd Place Most Fish – Bradley Lawson 5.86 lbs
3rd Place Most Fish – Avery Sanders 3.64 lbs
4th Place Most Fish – Gracie Rex 3.20 lbs
Award winners for Ages 11-12:
Biggest Fish – Shelby Benson 1.94 lbs
1st Place Most Fish – Nathan King 2.46 lbs
2nd Place Most Fish – Shelby Benson 1.94 lbs
3rd Place Most Fish – Halona England 1.42 lbs
4th Place Most Fish – Chase Mogridge 1.18 lbs
Award winners for Ages 13-15:
Biggest Fish – Micah Lambert 4.60 lbs
1st Place Most Fish – Colby Hesson 4.98 lbs
2nd Place Most Fish – Micah Lambert 4.60 lbs
3rd Place Most Fish – Isiah McGaha 3.50 lbs
4th Place Most Fish – Jarod Long 3.38 lbs